Return Policy and RA Request FormOur goal is to make sure you receive the correct item to meet your needs. Should you find it necessary to return an item, please follow these guidelines to insure we are able to get you a prompt refund and assist you in finding the correct item you require.
Requesting a Return Authorization is as simple as filling out the form at the bottom of this page.
Please Read This Important Information:
- RA (Return Authorization) Request Deadline: Request for RA must be initiated within 30 days from date of shipment of your item. Items where an RA is requested 30 days after date of shipment are subject to a 20% restock fee.
- Refusal of Shipment: Once an item has left our warehouse we are not able to cancel the order. Should you change your mind on an item, you still need to request an RA to guarantee credit back to your account. Refusal of a shipment may incur a 20% restock fee.
- Return Without Authorization: Should you return an item without obtaining a return authorization your item may be returned to you which could incur the ship cost to return the item to you. It also may incur a 20% restock fee.
- Special Orders: Special Orders are not returnable. Please take care in making sure you are getting exactly what you need prior to ordering.
Return Situations Which Require Special Handling:
- Damaged in Transit: For items damaged in transit please contact us immediately for assistance for special handling and filing of required paperwork to have your item replaced. Disputes of damaged products have to be reported to the carrier for resolution.
- Incorrectly Shipped Items: For items you received that did not match your original order specifications, please contact us for return and replacement handling.
- Warranty Issues: We will assist our customers with any warranty issues on products purchased through First Choice Marine, but we do not express or imply any warranty beyond that of the manufacturer. All defective products will observe manufacturer specific policies.
- Free Freight Orders: Orders shipped within our Free Shipping Program that are returned, either partially or in whole, are subject to a restocking fee to reimburse outgoing freight. Free Freight Orders are shipped free based on a completed sale. We are happy to work with you on returns of those items (that fall under our other guidelines), but are not able to absorb freight for returned orders.
Return Process Policies (after Requesting Return Authorization):
- Return deadlines: Once RA is sent to you, the item must be returned within ten days. Items not returned within 10 days of receipt of RA are subject to a 20% restock fee.
- Return location: Be sure and follow return authorization instructions carefully including the location to return your item. Failure to return the item as instructed can result in additional shipping charges deducted from your credit.
- Condition of return items: Items returned for credit must be returned in new, unused, uninstalled and saleable condition, including any retail packaging. Open any packaging with care when receiving your order so as not to damage it should you need to return the product. Items returned that do not meet this requirement are subject to a 20% restock fee.
- Packaging, insuring and tracking: You must send the return package signature required and insured at your expense (unless it is defective or the result of our error in shipment). Packaging of the return item is very important. Obtaining tracking is a good idea and if you do, please email or call us with that number so we can be expecting your return.
- Original manufacturer boxes/packaging: Items must be returned in original packaging including any manufacturer boxes. Please return these inside another box or wrapped and do not apply stickers, stamps, labels to manufacturer boxes, i.e. prop boxes. This may void your RA and incur a 20% restock fee.
- Damaged return package: In the case of a returned item that is damaged in return shipment, you will be notified and if you insured the package you should be reimbursed by the shipper of the product. They retain the right to pick up the package for inspection. Although at that time it is no longer our responsibility, we will do everything possible to assist you in your damage claim. With proper packaging of your return item this should not be an issue.
Product Specific Policies
- Boat Covers, Bimini Tops & Custom Fit Engine Covers: Since these items are usually made upon order and considered a special order item, they are all subject to restock fees. With your RA# you will also receive specific restock fee information. Most restock fees are 25% and some are more. Please feel free to contact us for assistance in placing your order to insure you get the correct item prior to ordering.
- Propellers: Props that have been installed are not returnable. Boat Propellers can be a little difficult to look up and source. That is why we have provided the Solas Prop Finder to assist you in selecting the correct propeller to fit your application. Special order props are not returnable.
- Tools: Tools are non-returnable.
- Electrical Items: Electrical items are non-returnable.
- Batteries: Batteries will be prorated per the manufacturers stated warranty policy.
- Books, DVDs, Software, Electronic Charts, & Shop Manuals: All books, DVDs, software, electronic charts, and shop manuals, are non-returnable.
- Closeout Items: All closeout items sales are final with no returns allowed. These items will be indicated in the status bar as "Available While Supplies lasts" and can be found on our Closeouts page.
- Life Rafts & Inflatable Boats: All life rafts and inflatable boats are non-returnable.
- Chemical Products: Any chemical category product is non-returnable, no exceptions, please.
Please Note that In All Cases Above: If you have received a defective item, we will gladly assist you in obtaining a replacement so long as it falls within the manufacturer’s warranty. If you received an item damaged in shipment we will work with you to resolve that also.
What happens next?
- Receiving Your Returned Package: Upon receipt of your package at our location or a distributor warehouse, it is inspected. If there is no damage and the product inside the box is in new, saleable condition (exceptions are returns of damaged goods with specific defects as itemized in the RA request) your RA will be honored. From date of receipt it may take up to five days to process to accounting.
- Processing of Credits: Credit will be processed to your original method of payment unless thirty days has lapsed and then you will be issued a check via mail. Please allow up to ten days for the credit or check to be issued after accounting receives authorization to process.
- Ordering of Replacement Items: We will gladly assist you in locating the item that is a better fit for your needs or to replace a damaged or defective item. You may order that on a new order and we can process your credit accordingly for the return item or you can elect to apply your credit to the new item once the return process is complete. We are unable, however, to send out a replacement item without either payment or applied credit in any situation.
Thank you for shopping First Choice Marine for all your marine parts, accessories, and electronics needs.
Fill out the form below completely. Provide as much information about the return as possible.
Your RA will be processed and returned to you via email with shipping instructions within 24-72 business hours.