THESE PRODUCTS ARE DESIGNED TO BE INSTALLED BY A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL MARINE TECHNICIAN
. CDI Electronics cannot be held responsible for injury or damage due to improper installation by unqualified personnel. Many different components on an engine can cause product failure. Therefore, all mechanical and electrical systems must be checked prior to installation. Failure to do so may void the product’s warranty.
This warranty is subject to the following conditions of a CDI product proven defective by reason of improper workmanship or materials.
1) All warranted items must be returned with a completed Return Authorization Form and returned to:
CDI Electronics 111 Commerce Circle Madison, Al 35758.
Visit www.cdielectronics.com to download a Return Authorization Form or Call 1-800-467-3371 Ext 206 to request a Return Authorization Form.Fluke, GXT & Stevens warranty items should be returned to those factories: See page 5)
2) CDI products are warranted to the retail purchaser from the date of sale and/or installation provided a copy of the sales order accompanies the return of the product.
3) Parts returned for warranty without a sales invoice, or proof of purchase, will be subject to warranty coverage based on the
date of manufacture as marked on the product label.
4) The warranty period for CDI products are as follows:
- CDI Electronics Ignition Modules and Stators: 2 Years (Except Force stators-1 year)
- All Other CDI Electronics Products: 1 Years
- Repair & Return Products (P/N with R prefix): 1 Year
- Distributed Items (Fluke, Stevens, etc.): Per Manufacturer (see page 5)
5) This warranty does not apply to;
- products damaged by accident, misuse, abuse, improper installation, or any acts of God,
- if the product is altered or repaired by anyone other than CDI Electronics.
6) Any part being returned with cut wires will incur a $30.00 service charge.
7) CDI will have no obligation under this warranty with respect to installation errors made by an individual, the servicing dealer
and/or his/her technician.
8) Should this product prove defective in workmanship or material, the remedies shall be repair or replacement at the discretion
of CDI Electronics.
9) Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, all implied warranties made by CDI in connection with this product are finite in duration to a period of one (1) or, two (2) years, depending on the item as described above, from the date of installation, and no warranties whether expressed or implied shall apply to this product after said period. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.WARRANTY ITEMS WITH A MANUFACTURING DATE OLDER THAN TWO YEARS MAY BE SUBJECT TO SURCHARGES, BASED UPON DATE OF MANUFACTURE.
With our awareness of the environment and the need to dispose of electronic parts safely, we are taking the initiative to address this worldwide issue. In order to help safeguard the environment, CDI Electronics will dispose of these parts for you.Our new core policy is as follows:
- 1. Although most cores no longer carry any value, in order to assist the marine industry, we will accept electronic cores that you wish to return to us.
- Certain cores such as EFI controls, foreign-made ignitions and regulators, etc. may bring value to your core account.Contact our Receiving department for more information.
- The core procedure is an important area for our manufacturing operation. By receiving these cores, it allows us to gauge the component failures of the different ignition systems in the field, thus assisting our R & D department in developingproducts for the future.
If you have any questions concerning this process, please contact our Receiving Department
Use of OEM part numbers are for reference purposes only and does not imply that these are original OEM parts. Johnson Outboards, Evinrude Outboards, and OMC are registered trademarks of Bombardier Recreation Products (BRP). Mercury Outboard, Mariner Outboard, Force Outboard, Mercruiser and Quicksilver are divisions of Mercury Marine, a Brunswick Company. The information in this catalog is furnished as a service guide only. Neither CDI Electronics or Rapair are liable or responsible for any misunderstandings, errors or omissions regarding the accuracy of the charts and/or diagrams in this catalog, or any other article published by CDI Electronics, Inc., or any of its divisions.